As such your website design and marketing process will never truly be “complete”, but instead should also evolve at the same pace.
There are however a few key design and marketing “essentials” that have a proven track record. Wherever possible you should look to build these key points into your web design and web marketing campaigns.
1. If your page is wide use columns to break down text into more manageable chunks, and follow a natural reading path of left to right.
2. All images should have captions. Images of faces looking out of the page get the most attention.
3. Use Black or Dark Grey text on light backgrounds for the best readability.
4. Use a “call to action” on the bottom right of each page.
5. Don’t use background images behind text as this causes readability issues.
6. Don’t use BLOCK CAPITALS (even in headlines)… ever!
7. Avoid using any bright red colour as this portrays “warning”.
8. Back links are essential for good SEO.
9. Use Social Sharing Icons to improve engagement and increase your reach.
10. Use a “Reviews” page rather than a “Testimonials” page.
11. Offer a free brochure etc. on your home page in exchange for a mailing list sign-up.
13. Use dense Meta tags that are fully descriptive of the content of your page, and use different Meta tags for each individual page.
14. Use keyword phrases to better match live search engine searches. These too need to be as descriptive of the pages content as possible, contain your keywords, and should not be the same for each page.
16. Use accreditations, company memberships and logos etc. to boost credibility.+
- Knavesmire IT to support PKD CharityKnavesmire IT is pleased to announce that throughout 2014 we will be supporting the PKD Charity...19 Feb 2014
- Web Design EssentialsWebsite design and marketing is continually evolving at a rapid pace, in order to keep...11 Jun 2013
- It's Not Size That MattersWe recently had to make a call to the customer services line of a large multi-national...3 Jun 2013
- Trust Your Web DesignerMaking the decision to launch your first website, or perhaps to re-design your existing...12 May 2013
- Laughter Is The Best MedicineHave you ever heard the phrase “Laughter is the best medicine”? Well it’s...8 May 2013
- Web Design That Works For Small BusinessOver the last few weeks we have been busy rolling out lots of Small Business Web Starter...17 Apr 2013
- Reducing Web Design Risk With WordPress SecurityWordPress is an outstanding platform for website design, and it is a very cost-effective...20 Mar 2013
- How Often Should You Post To Your Blog?Interestingly the answer may just surprise you. You have probably read that the best...11 Mar 2013
- Don't Overthink Your WebsiteThe number one most common problem we come across during the website design and build...26 Feb 2013
- Simple Ways Of Gaining More Web TrafficGetting traffic to your website is possibly the hardest part of running an online...25 Feb 2013
- Knavesmire IT to support PKD Charity
April 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30